The upper -ranking mission in the United States in the Middle East was to meet Israel Prime Minister on Wednesday. The potentially visiting the Gaza area to strengthen the ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas. To their house.
Special envoy Steven Witkov was hoped to inspect the Nezarim Corido, a four -mile strip that divides Gaza. He will be the highest US officials to visit Gaza for many years for both security concerns and the official non -contact policy of Hamas.
The Israeli staff who had the authority to comment on the public and talked about anonymously was to meet Israel to meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyafu and his top assistant after Witkov was discussed in Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia. He said he had arrived. Middle East Peace Plan. Israel Kats, Defense Minister of Israel, will also attend a meeting between Witkov and Netanyahu on Wednesday.
The government spokesman David Menzer not confirmed the meeting with Witkov on Wednesday, including the possibility of visiting the Netzalim corridor on Wednesday.
Witkov I said in an interview with Fox News last week He was planning to visit both the Gaza of the Philadel Ficolideau, which is on the border with Egypt and the southern corridor while traveling, but the travel schedule is kept closely to ensure security. The timing was unknown because it was done. The U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem and Netanyahu’s office did not respond to comments on Wednesday.
Early in the 15 -month war, the Israeli army ordered hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to evacuate in northern Gaza. For a few months, some Israeli soldiers have patroled the Nezarim corridor to prevent Palestinians from returning north.
However, under the conditions of the 42 -day ceasefire agreement that was reached last week, the Israeli army withdrew from two major roads along the Nazalim corridor on Monday, and Gazan would head north. By Tuesday, more than 376,000 arrived in northern Gaza. Latest data From the United Nations Office to adjust humanitarian issues.
The Safe Reach Solutions in the United States is expected to supervise the operation management of the corridor, according to those who are familiar with the plan, but the other two companies (one American, one Egyptian). Heads the actual inspection of the person heading north.
Philadel Ficolido is a border strip of about 8 miles between Egypt and Gaza, as is known in Israel. The Israeli army is currently maintaining the area of the area, but is expected to withdraw in the second stage of the ceasefire. The details are still in negotiations。 Mr. Netanyahu calls the corridor the “lifeline” of Hamas smuggling.
Witkov played an important role in mediation of the first ceasefire contract between Israel and Hamas, and formed a team with the Biden administration, Qatar, and Egypt officials before Trump.
Witkov’s visit came before the third round of the replacement of the hostage between Israel and Hamas, which is expected on Thursday, and there is another set on Saturday. Under the ceasefire contract, the 33 Israelites were released in the first step in exchange for hundreds of Palestinian prisoners. According to Israeli officials, seven have already returned home, and eight of the remaining hostages are no longer alive.
Netanyafu was invited to meet President Trump at the White House on February 4. The Trump administration is trying to mediate a wider Middle East Peace Agreement, including diplomatic normalization between Israel and Saudi Arabia. However, the agreement depends greatly on Gaza’s future plan.
On Tuesday, Secretary of State Marco Rubio talked to Egypt and the Foreign Minister of Qatar and discussed continuous cooperation in Gaza. It includes “post -dispute plans to enable Hamas to rule Gaza or threaten Israel again.” Reading of the Ministry of State Rubio’s call with Egyptian foreign minister Badol Abdenti. Hamas is weakened, but the extremist groups survive the war in Gaza and remain the most powerful Palestinian party in the territory.
Mr. Trump also called on Egypt and Jordan to take Palestinians from Gaza and called the reporters last weekend, calling for his territory. It was fully rejected by the two countries, and on Wednesday, the secretary -general of the Palestinian Liberation Organization talked to Abderatti and reconfirmed the dismissal of Egypt on Trump’s proposal.
“The method of integrating the ceasefire and providing humanitarian support was discussed, supporting the Palestinians staying in their land, and the absolute rejection of their evacuation was emphasized,” he said.・ Shake is I said in social media。 Al Shake is considered a potential successor of Palestinian President Muffmood Abbas.
According to two Palestine officials who demanded anonymity to discuss the closing meeting, Witkov also met Riyad, the capital of Saudi Arabia before traveling in Israel. Officials said Prince Faisal Bin Farhan, Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia, also attended a meeting.
Adam Lasgon Contributed report.